It was a very cold morning that greeted us today. I took Louis into the garden and the water in the bucket from the downpipe was frozen. brrr
The forecast is for very cold this weekend brrr Snow flurries are due.
More house work done, gosh when you think I have been married since 1960. How many plates have I washed, cleaned the house, and cooked dinners in that time. Dont add it up please The figure would be to much. ha ha !!
I had to play with word and works today on my computer to sort out a good programe to open documents sent to me.
I haven’t got much patients as I like everything to work first time, if it plays around I tear my hair out. It went right in the end.
It was my Cancer Network Information that came through and I have a form to fill up to say I still wish to carry out my duties as a Patient Rep under the new Regime so I will agree and send the form back. I have to keep Mesothelioma on the Agenda and fight in our corner.
I have been reading about Asbestos in Schools and parents right to know Currently, parents do not have the Right to Know if asbestos is present in their child’s school. In the age of freedom of information, and given the dangers related with asbestos.
A central database is required so we can assess the extent of the asbestos issue in our schools, manage the asbestos and plan for the future. This is essential for our children, all those who work or visit our schools. When will they learn??? I think never as I have also read how Young people still don’t understand.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) believes that many young workers do not understand the huge dangers posed by asbestos.
Around 4,000 people die every year in Great Britain because of asbestos-related diseases and the HSE thinks that 1.8 million tradespeople are still at risk of exposure to the material.
The HSE has launched an event in Clydebank aimed at raising awareness of the regulator’s e-learning package that teaches youngsters about asbestos and the severe conditions it can lead to.
It has been jointly organised by Clydebank College, the Federation of Master Builders and the Scottish Centre for Healthy Working Lives and is predominantly targeted at apprentices who may not have been in the construction industry for long.
“This event continues HSE’s drive to tackle ignorance about Britain’s biggest industrial killer,” commented HSE principal inspector Archie Mitchell.
“Many young tradespeople believe that, because asbestos is no longer used in buildings, it’s no longer a threat to them. But that simply isn’t true.”
The HSE continues to take a hard line against companies that are found guilty of breaching Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
Earlier this month, it fined a Birmingham builder £4,000 after the individual was discovered to have removed asbestos from a property in Castle Bromwich illegally.
All work that may involve asbestos needs to be thoroughly planned and, in some cases, only licensed organisations are permitted to handle the substance.
In this particular incident, the man was taking out asbestos insulation boards, which should not be touched by unaccredited workers.
The fibres and dust that derive from these boards can cause a number of life-threatening lung diseases if they are inhaled.